Becoming an HD Radio IP Licensee
iBiquity Digital licenses its intellectual property both to companies that sell HD Radio receivers at market and to developers who build product for other brands to sell at retail.
The following is the step-by-step view of the basic licensing process. For more information on the license itself or contact iBiquity’s business development team email@example.com .
Summary of Receiver License
iBiquity Digital licenses its Intellectual Property to receiver manufacturers using standard terms and conditions:
- iBiquity’s license agreement provides for the licensing of patents, copyrights, trademarks and know-how.
- Licensees are offered a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, royalty-bearing license.
- iBiquity requires that licensees comply with patent and trademark marking requirements.
- The license agreement prohibits sublicensing any of the granted licenses, the use of the license for the benefit of unlicensed third parties or the creation of derivative works or adaptations.
- iBiquity only provides the option to license its software in object code form
- Licensees are required to use the HD Radio™ logo on the faceplate of receiver products in accordance with iBiquity’s trademark style guidelines
- Licensees must conform to iBiquity’s Quality Control Product Certification Program
- iBiquity provides a limited number of hours of support without additional charge. Additional hours of support beyond the specified complementary level may be purchased at iBiquity’s customary rates.
- In return for the license grants, licensees agree to pay (i) a one time cash payment and (ii) per unit royalties based on a percentage of the aggregate total gross invoiced sales for receiver products sold to unaffiliated third parties.
- Licensees are required to provide iBiquity with quarterly sales reports along with royalty payments.
- The license agreement is valid for a five year term.
- All licensees are required to comply with U.S. export control restrictions.
This summary information is nonbinding on iBiquity Digital and is provided solely for informational purposes. This summary does not constitute a license to manufacture or use iBiquity Digital’s technology. Any such manufacturing or use is subject to the execution of a final license agreement with iBiquity Digital.